Mikko Hänninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Of course, one should try to avoid sending auto-replies to list emails
> at all, but chances are you'll never be able to detect with 100%
> accuracy all list emails, so should count on it happening sometime.

My first rule would be never ever send one if you're not in the To
(and possibly Cc - but that's debtable) headers.

That's a method that doesn't have 100% coverage, as some of the
daily-mailings from less-wise operations like Flonetwork (who send the
techweb.com daily mailing) tend to have your address in the To: header
(and they don't put any Precedence headers, or anything that might
give you a clue).

But it's a good start.

James.