Bill Isaacs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lost, lost, lost!
>
> OK, I'm a newbie with most of this stuff, but I'm having a problem invoking
> smtp with tcpserver. Trying this:
> tcpserver -v -R -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb 0 pop-3
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup hoss.willysworkshop.com \
> /bin/checkpassword /usr/sbin/relay-ctrl-allow /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d
> Maildir
> 2>&1 | \
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
> /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d &

Okay, a couple of problems here.  One, you're trying to bind to the pop3
port (the argument pop-3).  That should be either "smtp" or "25".
Two, you're not invoking the right program.

Try something more like:

tcpserver g GID -u UID -DRvX \
   -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb 0 smtp \
   qmail-smtpd

Change GID and UID to the GID and UID values that the server should run
as.  The last argument is the program which tcpserver runs for each
connection.  -v turns on some status messages, -R turns off ident lookups
on the remote host, -D turns on TCP_NODELAY, -X says accept connections
even if the cdb file doesn't exist.

Charles