Joe Janitor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I made some modifications to the homedir files:
>
>$HOME/.qmail now has
>| preline /usr/bin/procmail -m /home/joe/.procmailrc
>
>(the -m file was previously mis-named)
>
>and $HOME/.procmailrc has
>PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH
>ORGMAIL=$HOME/Mailbox
>MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
>DEFAULT=$HOME/Mailbox   #completely optional
>LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
>
>Does this mean I have to have these two files in
>every home directory!?

No. First, procmail doesn't need the -m flag. See the procmail section
in LWQ:

  http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#procmail

Also, if you want delivery via procmail to be the default, specify
that on the qmail-start command line, or in the
control/defaultdelivery file if you installed using LWQ.

Finally, you can specify a systemwide default procmailrc in
/etc/procmailrc.

>And does it also mean that any
>user can screw his mail up by accidentally deleting
>these files? I have to say, though this works, I'm not
>particularly comfortable with it...

You can't really save your users from themselves...

-Dave