On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 09:58:32AM -0500, Dave Sill wrote:
> "Gerrit Pape" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, I just forgot to remove the "x" flags. Make it:
>
>      echo -n "Stopping qmail: qmail-send qmail-smtpd"
>      svc -d /service/qmail-send /service/qmail-smtpd
>      echo -n " logging"
>      svc -d /service/qmail-send/log /service/qmail-smtpd/log
>      echo "."
>      ;;
>
> >if You really want to use such silly initscripts, better use svc
> >directly.
>
> What makes this a "silly initscript"? What's the right way to do this
> stuff in your OS religion?

I have svscan /service started from inittab. I have the links for the
services in /service and normally do not remove them. Services are started
at boot time, no need for init scripts. If I want a service to be down
temporary, I use svc -d /service/<service>. Thats what I mean with 'use svc
directly'.

Gerrit.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]