Gerrit Pape wrote:

> I have svscan /service started from inittab. I have the links for the
> services in /service and normally do not remove them. Services are started
> at boot time, no need for init scripts. If I want a service to be down
> temporary, I use svc -d /service/<service>. Thats what I mean with 'use svc
> directly'.

I just updated my qmail to the newest RPM provided by Bruce Guenter.

In the previous version I had I could start qmail with /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail
start.
Now I have to use the svc-commands.

After the upgrade I found out that I have both /service and /var/service
directories.

Svscan is started at the init from /service which has symlinks to
/var/qmail/service/SERVICE.

Can I remove the /var/service directory?

Regards,
Peter