On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Robin S. Socha wrote:

> Packages suck.

Short, sharp and entirely "motherhood" in nature.  I like it.  8-)

> I'm running 5 different operating systems. And just one set of
> supervise scripts. Go figure. It's nice to have binary packages for
> certain things, but qmail is not one of them. YMMV.

No package manager I know stops you from creating and installing a qmail
package that puts the stuff Where Dan Wants Them, and generally respects
http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html.  Since that URL says nothing about
packages[*], and everything about Where Things Go, does this suck?

[*] For _that_, http://cr.yp.to/slashpackage.html.  Which doesn't condemn
    packages like you did, but suggests a neater way to implement them.

--
Adrian Ho   [EMAIL PROTECTED]