John Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > What output does the following command produce?
> >
> >     TCPREMOTEIP=192.168.1.1 tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
>
> # TCPREMOTEIP=192.168.1.1 ./tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
> rule 192.168.:
> set environment variable RELAYCLIENT=
> allow connection

Everything fine so far.

> It looks like I should be able to relay, but cannot.

The .cdb file is correct; we've verified it.  The problem is therefore one
of the following:

    -you're not actually running qmail-smtpd from tcpserver
    -your tcpserver invocation for qmail-smtpd is not referring to this .cdb
    -tcpserver can't read this .cdb
    -your connections are actually coming from IP address you haven't set
    the rules for

Please post the script you're starting tcpserver/qmail-smtpd with.  I think
you did this early on, but I don't remember its contents.  Did you edit
this script?  If so, did you remember to stop and re-start tcpserver?
Are there any log messages from tcpserver?

Charles