On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:12:56PM -0500, Mate Wierdl wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:28:10PM -0500, David Talkington wrote:
> > I discovered something bizarre when I installed daemontools on Red Hat
> > 7.1 ... init didn't like the length of the process field for the
> > entry. (Watch the console during boot or init changes to see this). I
>
> From init.c, in read_inittab(), there is
>
>       if (process && strlen(process) > 127)
>                 strcpy(err, "process field too long");
>
> This is of course undocumented---but at least there is no silent
> truncation.
>
> The process field Dan recommends has 132 characters in it...

In fact, it may be that  just my lynx that lengthens the process field
at http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/svscan.html.

The only other thing I see is

process = get_part(NULL, '\n');

which I think means that if you put the SV line at the end of inittab
without a newline, the process field is not read properly (trying to
read past EOF?).

Mate