> The only other thing I see is
>
> process = get_part(NULL, '\n');
>
> which I think means that if you put the SV line at the end of inittab
> without a newline, the process field is not read properly (trying to
> read past EOF?).
>
> Mate

I have been bitten by this once before, I do not remember where.  So now
my paranoid Unix thinking is to put a LF or three at the end of every
(config) file.

How long will it take untill ALL the ancient unix tools have been
rewritten with complete "painfully correct" robustness by the likes of
DJB?

I, for one, have been intrigued by a suggestion to replace init completely
with a shell script (sash?) that invokes svscan to keep certain things
running...but I have not had the time to tinker with it.

--Pete