From: "Subba Rao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I have followed the instructions on DJB's site to install and start svscan.
>
> On Linux and other SVR4-based systems with /etc/inittab, add SV:123456:respawn
> :env - PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin svscan /service </dev/null
> >/dev/console 2>/dev/console to the end of /etc/inittab, and type kill -HUP 1.

the command "init q" (without the quotes) will reload inittab.

I never did get the "new and improved instructions" to work, so I went back to
the original instructions that always worked the first try.

echo Starting svscan in /service
env - PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin csh -cf 'svscan /service &'

Add the above two lines to rc.local and reboot.

Hope that helped.

Rick Up