>Nope, "mail.swishmail.com" cannot be a CNAME if you want to point your MX
>record at it.  It's forbidden.
>
>And please don't post BIND zonefiles to Dan's lists -- they're meaningless
>anyone who doesn't do BINDthink.  Instead, tell us what's happening
>("mail.foo.net is an MX record which points to mail.bar.org with distance
>10,
>which has an A record of 10.20.30.40").  That at least means something to
>everyone who understands a little about DNS.

1) I appreciated Kris's short excerpt from his BIND zonefiles. They were
exactly what I needed to see to understand what Kris was saying about his
CNAMES.

2) I find the sentence format that describes what is happening "mail.foo.net
is an MX record which points to ..." to be more confusing than seeing the
exact records.

3) The people that don't do BINDthink aren't going to understand either the
sentence format or the exact record layout. I think people either know or
don't know DNS, and they don't fall into a middle ground that can be
addressed by the sentence layout.

4) You have stated repeatedly that people must provide detailed information
in their emails to this list. Kris did so, and you protest that it is too
detailed. You really can't have it both ways.