q question <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > And please don't post BIND zonefiles to Dan's lists -- [...]
> > Instead, tell us [the contents of the DNS records]

> 4) You have stated repeatedly that people must provide detailed information
> in their emails to this list. Kris did so, and you protest that it is too
> detailed. You really can't have it both ways.

I didn't mean "don't give us the DNS information".  I meant "give us the DNS
information in a format that does not require an intimiate knowledge of BIND
zonefile format".

After all, you don't need to know anything about BIND to be a knowledgable
mail admin.  You just need to understand some DNS basics.  I, unfortunately,
have had to learn a bit here and there about BIND zonefiles, but I still
prefer the information in a non-proprietary format.  BINDthink is painful, and
in this list, completely unnecessary.

Charles