Well said in both these messages.  I really hope that some of the
self-appointed experts on this list take your example of civil behavior.

I've been on this list now since late 1996 and in recent times, it's become
almost intolerable with all the flamage.  Somehow on other lists people manage
to co-exist with newbies without having to extract a pound of flesh with every
question.  I suspect that if this list had been this rude in 1996, I would
have stuck with sendmail.

As it is, I consider unsubscribing several times a week (and it's not because
of the newbies).

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature