On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 08:19:27AM +0200, Patrick Starrenburg wrote:
[snip]
> I have already read previous (heated) discussions on this topic on the list
> archive but could not discern a clear answer apart from some people saying
> qmail works as designed - why? It seems to be the only mail server that does
> so. Why does qmail use -0000 when the PC it is running on is setup as GMT
> +0200? It clearly is causing a problem. Is there any configuration option
> which can be called to have qmail respect the time zone of the computer it
> is running on? Where and how would this be called for both qmail [POST] and
> SMTP daemons?

qmail uses -0000 because it is the receiving MUA's task to display the
date in the format the user desires. If your MUA is unable to do so,
complain to the MUA author.

qmail uses -0000 because only if all headers use the same timezone,
reliable debugging is possible.

qmail uses -0000 because timezone support adds a lot of code bloat
that makes no sense in an MTA. Your sending client should add a date
header.

Greetz, Peter.