On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 05:31:39AM +0000, Christopher Tolley wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I moved all those domains back to my morercpthosts,
> rehashed it (qmail-newmrh) and tried sending mail to the domains that weren't
> working before.  Everything looked fine.  I'm totally confused now.  As I
> have no locals entries outside of default, and absolutely no virtuals, I
> don't see how any of that could have had any effect.

I *promise* you that the problem you were experiencing has nothing at all to do
with rcpthosts or morerecpthost. If you have no entries in virtualdomains and
none of the domains in question is listed in locals and you're only acting as a
secondary mail exchanger for these domains, then you have a DNS problem.
qmail-smtpd accepted the mail and queued it, qmail-send determined that the
mail was to be delivered remotely since the domain of the recipient wasn't in
locals or virtualdomains, and then qmail-send found that it itself was the
best-preference mail exchanger. These are the only conditions that produce this
error.

The DNS problem may have been transitory, or it may be that only one of the
domain in question's authoritative name servers is giving out bogus
information, but this definitely is or was a DNS problem.

Chris

PGP signature