Webservice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I've been trying for 2 days now to install relay-ctrl-2.5.
> >
> > You may want to ask this question on the author's bgware mailing list if
> > you don't get an answer here -- this isn't strictly a qmail issue.
>
> I've already did that (no response, the list looks empty)

I'm on that list and I never saw your message.  I just checked the list
archives for May, and you're not in it.  The list is certainly not empty,
either -- bgware gets a couple of dozen messages a month.

> > > This is how I start my tcpserver: /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R 0 pop3
> > > /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \ ns4.pi-group.net /bin/checkpoppasswd
> > > /usr/sbin/relay-ctrl-allow \ /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
> >
> > What is "checkpoppasswd"?  Normally, relay-ctrl is used with either a
> > vanilla checkpassword or with vmailmgr's replacement (checkvpw).  Perhaps
> > it does not implement the full checkpassword interface?  relay-ctrl relies
> > on this interface to work.
>
> checkpoppasswd is a patch from Philip Jacob to put the user in a different
> file insteadof /etc/passwd http://www.whirlycott.com/phil/pop3.html I've
> seen users in the lists that actualy use both.

Okay, fair enough.  But is it actually working?

> > > O yeah, I tried the RPM: --> error: relay-ctrl-2.5-1.i386.rpm cannot be
> > > installed
> >
> > Why?  RPM gives better error messages than that.
>
> # rpm -i -vv relay*rpm
> D: counting packages to install
> D: found 1 packages
> D: looking for packages to download
> D: retrieved 0 packages
> D: New Header signature
> D: Signature size: 149
> D: Signature pad : 3
> D: sigsize         : 152
> D: Header + Archive: 18342
> D: expected size   : 18431 error:  relay-ctrl-2.5-1.i386.rpm cannot be
> installed
> D: found 0 source and 0 binary packages

You have a corrupt RPM, or a version of RPM which cannot verify the signature
on the RPM.  Which part of "expected size != size" is unclear?

Charles