--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Webservice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Not sure if this help you but from my experience with relay-ctrl:
> >
> > 1. create the /var/spool/relay-ctrl directory yourself .. (afair the
> relay-ctrl-age don't > have the code to create this)
>
> I've done that, what owner/perms must it have? (its now 777 root-root)
> Perhaps this is the basic problem?

from here that's seems to be ok ! :)

> > 2. check in the relay-ctrl-age.c file and modify the folowing lines for
> your system then
> > try to compile and install again.
>
> relay-ctrl-age works (the cdb-file get's updated).
> Only /var/spool/relay-ctrl stays empty.

hmmm .. sure is empty .. :)
because the file are writen here only when a pop3 login is succesfull
and after 15 minutes (dependens on your cron settings) relay-ctrl-age
delete that file ...

> Does any-one know how to check relay-ctrl-allow works?
> Running from the prompt doesn't work.

that's ok .. because it use a tcpserver enviroment .. hmmm see bellow (from the README file):

-- BEGIN CUT --
- relay-ctrl-age records IPs in /var/spool/relay-ctrl, checks all
  previously recorded addresses, and removes any that have not been
  updated for at least 15 minutes.  It then lists all of the addresses
  through a pipe to tcprules to build the control database for the smtp
  server.

- relay-ctrl-allow checks the environment for the remote IP from which
  the connection is originating.  It runs relay-ctrl-age to ensure that
  it is recorded in the control tables.
-- END CUT --

If you want to test your configuration try first to connect to the
pop3 server and after a succesfull login try to see if the ip address
is written in the /var/spool/ctrl-realy ...

Actually I use checkpassword instead of checkpoppasword .. and works
fine for me .. maybe it's something that you have to look at ..

Best regards,
George Pogorelschi

Quadrant Interactive
http://www.qi.ro/