Hi,

>Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:07:36 -0400 (EDT)
>From: kamesh jayachandran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: smtp times out
>
>sorry to repost.But one more diagnostic info which may help in
debugging.>/var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd/current
>@400000003b140df82d18847c tcpserver: status: 1/40
>@400000003b140df82d1aab44 tcpserver: pid 5381 from 127.0.0.1
>@400000003b140df82d3d2764 tcpserver: ok 5381 localhost:127.0.0.1:25
:127.0.0.1::1115>@400000003b140df82d486e1c /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: error in
shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory>@400000003b140df82d610ecc tcpserver: end 5381 status 32512
>@400000003b140df82d618bcc tcpserver: status: 0/40
>Waiting for your reply
>kamesh jayachandran
>--

note this line

/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd: error in loading shared libraries:
libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
some problem in libc ....better upgrade glibc ..or check system memory
or stop some process and check
Regards

Santosh Pasi

>"Linux doesn't support any sub-32-bit computers, and despite the
occasional> deranged people interested in retro-computing (ie Alan Cox) I doubt it