* Kalle Kivimaa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010607 10:28]:
> >   /var     300MB min, 800MB better, more for servers
> In a mail server this fails when you get a mail which is larger than the
> available size on /var.  Thus, have AT LEAST 4GB for /var, then you SHOULD be
> safe.  Same goes with /home if you deliver mail locally.

If your users are filling a /var partition of 4GB, you (a) handle an
extraordinary amount of high-latency e-mail, (b) are mismanaging your mail
server (hint: databytes), and/or (c) you have extremely rude lusers sending
MP3s and whatnot through the system (in which case they need to be beaten).

YMMV,

/pg
--
Peter Green : Architekton Internet Services, LLC : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---