Rumor has it that Xavier Quesada may have mentioned these words:
>Hi...
>       Does anybody know of any POP3 server that I can use with qmail+vmailmgr
>that doesn't have the Microsoft Outlook  problem?
>       Or is there a solution to this problem (that doesn't involve "stop using
>outlook")?
>
>The problem I am referring to is the one where Outlook Express and Outlook
>2000 get stuck while downloading certain messages, supposedly due to a bug
>in the MUA's. (The only solution I heard of is deleting the offending
>message)

I've done some checking on that bug, and:

1) yes, the bug is in the MUA (but that's no suprise... ;-)

2) it seems to have something to do with how the Received: headers are
wrapping -- I've gone in with <insert your favorite *nix text editor here -
mine is Jove> and deleted all of the carriage returns on the Received:
headers (so each Received: is on one and only one line) and told the folks
to try downloading their messages again, and then they work fine.

If you had a perl script in the users .qmail file that would re-write the
Received files & dump the file in their $HOME/Maildir/new directory, that
should fix it. [1]

Hope that helps (at least a little...)

Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] I, however, *enjoy* telling folks that their Outlook Express is not the
way to go... altho writing the script would give me some pleasure, I would
lose out on an even larger source of enjoyment... ;-)
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.

If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.