From: Charles Cazabon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:54 AM
To: Qmail Mailing List
Subject: Re: qmailanalog

Drew Hawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to know how many messages were sent/failed etc. for a given period
of
> time (say the last three days).
>
> I have done the following in both /var/log/qmail/qmail-send and
> /var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd (I'll admit my ignorance and say that I don't
> know the difference between the two.  Is qmail-send local deliveries and
> qmail-smtpd remote deliveries?):

No.  qmail-smtpd is incoming mail via SMTP.  qmail-send is all deliveries,
local and remote.

> 1)  Ran "matchup" on /var/log/qmail/qmail-send(smtpd)/current
> 2)  Converted the "matchedup" version of "current" into human readable
> format using tai64nlocal
> 3)  Pulled out dates for which I want to see log results from the file
> created above
> 4)  Convert the data above to tai64 format using tai64n
> 5)  Ran this data through zoverall to see qmailanalog results
>
> Regardless of whether I run it against /var/log/qmail/qmail-send or
> /var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd I get the following:
> ++++++++++++
> Completed messages: 0
>
> Total delivery attempts: 0
> Am I anywhere near doing this right?

No.  Instead of converting the tai64n timestamps to human-readable, you need
to convert them to the fractional seconds (tai) that qmail-analog expects.
You can do this with tai64n2tai, included in Bruce Guenter's qlogtools
package
if I remember correctly.  His software is at untroubled.org .

Charles