I have had a similar problem and could not find a solution, but that
doesn't mean you can't

1.  What kind of hardware and software (Outlook,Netscape, ?).

2. You can use recordio to see what smtpd is receiving

in your script you have

.....  smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd...  and you will place the
recordio command in between ....

... smtp recordio /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd.....   and this will print
out the SMTP transaction in your log file.

Try telnetting to Port 25 and give the commands manually as suggested
earlier, and then send an email with your client.  Compare.

There is a CR-LF issue with some client software which is supposed to be

fixable with fixcrio