On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 05:34:59AM -0400, Philip Mak wrote:
> Hmm, looks like it could work. The "Speed tests" section of
> http://cr.yp.to/fastforward.html says that it takes only 6 seconds to
> regenerate an alias db with 50000 entries. I could run a cron job every
> two hours to regenerate the cdb.

I'd be more worried about speed of delivery than speed of DB regeneration.
Note that it's still a program delivery, albeit done through a more
efficient program than your existing perlDB script.

As an aside, has anyone done any performance comparisons between
fastforward and .qmail-forwarding for large numbers of aliases (>10,000)?

> My question about fastforward is: Will my existing .qmail-* files stop
> working?

fastforward is traditionally invoked in ~alias/.qmail-default, so unless
you have some other delivery instructions already in that file, everything
else should still work.

--
Adrian Ho    Tinker, Drifter, Fixer, Bum   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ListArchive: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail>