Hi Scott,

you have to set and probably export (someone correct me if i am wrong here)
$TCPREMOTEIP before invoking tcprules check. then, tcprulescheck will tell
you what will happen to a connection from the ip in $TCPREMOTEIP.
for example if your tcp.smtp file is:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:deny (<- default)

and you put 192.168.10.5 in $TCPREMOTEIP then it well tell you

rule :
allow connection

if you put 63.195.102.4 i.e, then it will tell you:

rule :
deny connection

hope that helps you. check the refernce page for tcprulescheck:

http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/tcprulescheck.html

Regards,
Philipp

Scott Zielsdorf writes:

> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> 192.168.10.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>
> Yet, when I run tcprulescheck, I get this:
>
> [root@cilinux /etc]# tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
> default:
> allow connection
> [root@cilinux /etc]#
>
> If I run tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb 192.168.10. I get the same output
> as above.
>
> I have compiled my rules by both invoking tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
> /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp <enter> and qmailctl cdb <enter>
>
> Is the minimal output I am seeing from tcprulescheck "normal" or do I have a
> problem there? And if it's a problem - what do I do to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Scott Zielsdorf
> Senior Technical Support Consultant
> Computer Instruments IVR Solutions Support Group
> Voice: 913.492.1888 x8862 Fax: 913.492.1483

Philipp Steinkrüger

Technik
Oberberg Online
Tel.: +49 2261 814240