First, let me say I've searched the archives, Google and numerous other
sources BEFORE I decided to post this.  I do not desire the attacks that
the
qmail list is infamous for.

The company I work for, a mid-sized ISP, uses Sendmail as the primary
MTA
for our clients.  Given the downturn in the economy, my superiors are
very
reluctant to budget any kind of switch to Qmail despite my best
efforts.  As
a result, I am stuck with running Qmail on secondary servers.   Now the
point:

Unfortunately, our systems were extremely overloaded by the SirCam
virus,
and I have been tasked with finding a solution.  While I could simply
find
one that incorporates with Sendmail, I believe this will simply overload
our
primary mail server.  Therefore, I want to use one of the servers
running
Qmail to do the virus scanning and then send the mail to the primary
mail
server.  Both incoming and outgoing mail must be scanned.  Here is my
question:

1.  Is it possible to list the Qmail server as the primary MX record and

still forward the mail to its final destination?  All my research says
no,
but I need to be certain.

2.  If #1 is possible, could your generously provide some real world
suggestions on how this can be done?

Thank you,

-- Steve