On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 12:02:47PM +0000, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
[snip]
> >Are you sure there is nothing in /usr/sbin/sendmail?
>
> There is. Missed it. Should it be a symlink too?

Yes.

> > > /usr/share/sendmail
> >
> >This one can stay just fine.
>
> Oops, it's a directory. Should have noticed that.

:)

> So what is /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail?

That is (at least on FreeBSD, so don't hate me if it's different on
OpenBSD :) the actual sendmail binary. /usr/bin/sendmail and
/usr/sbin/sendmail are just symlinks to mailwrapper, which then
invokes /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail for you, or for example qmail's
sendmail wrapper, if configured as such in /etc/mail/mailer.conf.

mailwrapper is, however, unreliable, which is why you should just use
symlinks.

Greetz, Peter
--
Against Free Sex!   http://www.dataloss.nl/Megahard_en.html