On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:04:50PM -0400, Martin wrote:
> So I thought I would put some doamins/IP`s in tcprules.  I then wanted to
> test the rule but the docs are vague.  I have now successfully done that.

Ok, good.  I'm sorry you found the rules vague.  Do you have any
specific questions about using tcprules in conjunction with
qmail/tcpserver?

> I really want to use rblsmtp but there are two problems

I've never used rblsmtp, so I can't offer any quick suggestions. :/

> I still don`t really understand why there is no mention of ucspi-tcp
> either on it`s own mailing list or under qmail (or whatever) on Dan`s
> mailing list page.

Not directly.  His qmail FAQ does refer to 'tcpserver':

  <http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/servers.html#tcpserver-smtpd>

   How do I run qmail-smtpd under tcpserver? inetd is barfing at high
   loads, cutting off service for ten-minute stretches. I'd also like
   better connection logging.

   Answer: Install ucspi-tcp. Remove the smtp line from /etc/inetd.conf,
   and put the two lines

     tcpserver -v -u 7770 -g 2108 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
     2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &

As to why he doesn't have a specific mailing list for ucspi-tcp,
I don't know.  ucspi-tcp is used with, at the very least, qmail
and djbdns; both of those web pages cite ucspi-tcp in either the
FAQ, or in the install instructions.

So - there are hundreds of citations of tcpserver, et al, in various
archived mailing lists on the net; presumably you should look them
over before asking questions about ucspi-tcp.  Heck you should do
this even if there _was_ a ucspi-tcp-specific mailing list.

As there isn't, asking qmail-related ucspi-tcp questions on the
qmail list certainly seem appropriate.

Good luck...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842