On 1/14/2011 12:21 PM, Rick Romero wrote:
Quoting Matt Brookings <m...@inter7.com <mailto:m...@inter7.com>>:

> On 01/14/2011 11:13 AM, Trey Nolen wrote:
>> We received a notice of unauthorized use of an image in the mail today.
>> The image in question is the picture of the mailbox on the qmailadmin
>> login screen named middleleft1.png. I didn't find anyone bringing this
>> up on the mailing list archives. Has anyone else received this notice?
>> The notice we received was from gettyimages
>> (http://www.gettyimages.com). They are asking for a $600 settlement.
>> Any comments or advice?
>
> Ignore them. They're incorrect.

Who created that? gettyimages are trying to sell the image:
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=creative&assetType=image&p=%23CA27907

Image: #CA27907

First, the requisite "IANAL".

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable ignoring the unauthorized use notice. I'd be the one getting fined and dealing with the hassle, not inter7. Do you guys have copyright over the image or is it licensed appropriately from the copyright holder?

I would guess that getty is going to continue bothering the OP unless there is some sort of response indicating that he is using the image legally.

Regards,
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/