You'd need to stop qmail before you can bind on port 25. This is just to
demonstrate what was happening with qmail.

So
/etc/init.d/qmail stop
nc -l -p 25

This'll only work on a remote server since qmail delivers locally
otherwise and bypasses the smtpd (as far as I can tell anyway).

Another poster did make a suggestion also and I forgot to mention you
need to restart qmail for the change to take effect.

Regards
Nigel
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:26:21PM -0800, Dairenn Lombard wrote:
> I've made the change but I'm getting this with the command you gave:
>
> # nc -l -p 25
> Can't grab 0.0.0.0:25 with bind
>
> Please advise.
> Thank you.