if you are using vpopmail you can simply use the unix command cp or rsync to move the files from the old account folder to the new account folder just make sure you keep the permissions correct vpopmail.vhckpw

Warren wrote:

We have a fairly steady flow of temporary people in and out.  When
someone leaves, is there a way to take all of their messages and move
them into someone else's mailbox at the server level?   I do not mean
forwarding new mail - that I can do through the qmailadmin interface - I
mean the mail sitting in their mailbox now.

If there is nothing to do that, what would be involved?  I know that the
files in the directory would have to be physically moved into the
destination user's directory, but would database entries have to be
changed as well?  Would there be a way to create a new folder in the
destination user's mailbox to put these into?

I don't mind having to write a script myself to do all of this (which of
course I would make available to everyone else) if someone could just
describe to me what needs to be done to the files and what updates need
to be made to the database.

TIA,
Warren