Igor Vukotic' wrote:

> In that case ok, but i found again one anoying error in run script
>
> in /var/qmail/supervise/imap4/run
>
> after upgrade i have
> ---
> /usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME 0 143 \
> ---
>
> and if we dont modify this line IMAP4 will server only 40 connections
> and (/var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming and concurrencyremote) is
> actualy usless, because only SMTP run script actualy read config
> information.
>
> Based on var/qmail/supervise/smtp/run i modify imap4 run script to also
> read /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming
>
> ----
> MAXIMAP4=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
>
> /usr/bin/tcpserver -c "$MAXIMAP4" -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME 0 143 \
> ---
>
> it's necessary not to put "-c" at the end because will not work
>
> P.S this problem is also in IMAP4-SSL and POP3-SSL, POP3 is fixed on 200
> connections..

Nice bit of tailoring, Igor.

The concurrencyincoming parameter is only intended for incoming smtp
connections. See http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Concurrencyincoming.
It is a parameter that's unique to the toaster (TTBOMK).

I don't think it would be appropriate to have all services use the same
value here, as the administrator might want to have different constraints
for different services. I notice that the submission port uses the same
concurrencyincoming parameter, which I think is probably inappropriate.

I do think it would be nice to have an easy way to set these values for each
tcpserver service. There are many ways this could be achieved, and one could
argue that it's easy to tailor as is. In the spirit of the
concurrencyincoming parameter, and extending it to all tcpserver services,
I'd like to see the following:
.) /var/qmail/control/concurrent-${servicename} file for controlling the max
number of connections for each service. Alternatively, the file could be
/var/qmail/supervise/${service}/env/concurrent, but I think that would be
less manageable.
.) tailor each service's run file to use the concurrent-${servicename}
setting if the file is present, making the file optional.

What say you, EE/NH?