If i'm correct then this file is used for deliveries. 89:89 can be changed to somethin else so the domain files are owned by somebody else (and use filesystem quota on separate domains). i have a hunch on other variables (they are quite obvious :) ), but i'm not guessing and reading the docs would be right thing to do.

Dan McAllister wrote:
The value of the assign file matches entries on other (working) servers...
---
+userdomain.com-:userdomain.com:89:89:/home/vpopmail/domains/userdomain.com:-::
.
---

An interesting attempt -- I've never had to examine this file before (didn't even know it existed!)
Am curious what its used for....

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
2171 Wrens Way
Clearwater, FL 33764

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Jake Vickers wrote:
Natalio Gatti wrote:
The content of /var/qmail/user/assign reflects your current domains?
I had a corrupted assign file, which lead me to a similar problem:
qmail-smtpd accepted the messages (I guess here is where mysql plays
its role), but qmail-send didn't identified them as local accounts.

The assign file must be compiled once modified, is a cdb file. It is
compiled with qmail-newu. If your assign file is correct, running this
command won't affect your installation.
Jake, can this command be included in "service qmail cdb"?

I do not see why not. I'll make a note and remind Erik when the new version gets ready to roll.