I don't have Outlook 2003 available at the moment but I just checked using Ethereal and Outlook Express 6 negotiates a TLS session with my toaster. Also, according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839629, TLS support was fixed in the "post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package" for Outlook 2003.

Glad to hear that Microsoft picked up something from Thunderbird et.al. for Outlook 2007 ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Shubert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] 553 Error, Outlook

I believe that

a) you're talking about Outlook 2003 (Outlook 2007 lets you select between
none, SSL, TLS, and Auto)

b) said box in Outlook 2003 does *not* enable TLS. It may enable SSL, I'm
not sure. At least that's what my experimenting has shown.

Just want to be clear about this, Tim. ;)

Tim Mancour wrote:
Checking the "This server requires a secure connection" box will enable
what Microsoft refers to as SMTP-TLS/SSL or just SMTP-TLS to anybody
that lives outside of the collective.