On Wed, 14 May 2008 20:58:43 +0200, Marc Rietman  wrote: > Jake
Vickers wrote: >> My reply was based on experiences with my own
servers and those that >> I've worked on for other people/companies.
The RFC is great and all >> but as you said there are no obligations.
When it comes down to it, >> we follow the rules that the "biggies"
such as AOL, Yahoo, Google, >> Microsoft, etc. set.  I have a couple
domains that have 3 MX records >> and I see mail delivered to all 3
machines regardless of priority or >> whether or not the others are
answering.  As far as I know that >> particular RFC has not been
superceded but I'd say that roughly >> (without actually creating
some boiled down metrics) 70%-80% of the >> servers that send me
message actually follow that particular one.  AOL >> has been seen
delivering to all 3 of my MX records regardless of >> machine status.
 There's a couple other broadband companies that >> operate in the
same manner that I've seen. >  > Ok, that clears
things up. It's
obviously the usual 'standard' which we > 'all' follow... >  > Thanks
for the answer, Marc

 This is something that worries me... Setting a secondary mail server
for backup purposes means that messages will be received in duplicate
in many cases? I could handle that, but for many users would (for
sure) complain about it :(

 Or am I confusing this matter?

 Regards,

 António Lima