Jake Vickers wrote:
> António Pedro Lima wrote:
>>
>> I have just increased daemons…
>>
>> Happens less but still happens.
>>

>> *System hostname* mail.itfor.org
>> *Operating system* CentOS Linux 5
>> *Webmin version* 1.410
>> *Time on system* Thu Jul 24 10:25:54 2008
>> *System uptime* 1 hours, 0 minutes
>> *CPU load averages* 32.23 (1 min) 20.95 (5 mins) 17.45 (15 mins)
>> *Real memory* 942 MB total, 429.82 MB used
>> *Virtual memory* 1.94 GB total, 0 bytes used
>> *Local disk space* 106.41 GB total, 17.21 GB used
>>

>> This is from my webmin. I suppose it should be enough for the server.
>> I will put it mor RAM, but I suspect there is something wrong with it.
>> It happen suddently. I would understand that daemons wouldn’t be
>> enough if I have added more users. But it started acting like I
>> described apparently without reason.
>>
>> I’m getting clueless…
>>

> I would tend to agree with the possibility of bad RAM.  And if webmin
> logs the CPU usage like top does, then you're CPU loads are higher than
> normal.  Can you run "top" at the CLI and see what processes are eating
> the CPU time?

More like 'if' there are any processes eating the CPU. The CPU loads
averages are a peculiar metric. They reflect average wait times (in
seconds). CPU saturation will certainly cause higher load averages, but
other factors can too. I think that bad RAM is a good guess. Your load
averages are awfully high.