Jim Bassett wrote:
Hi. I have a new CentOS 5.2 installation. I have attempted to use qtp-newmodel to do a fresh install of qmail toaster. There was a recent thread on the list asking about this although it was never resolved whether it was possible or not. I have done it. The builds failed at numerous places due to missing dependencies, but once everything needed was installed qtp-newmodel appears to have built and installed qmail toaster successfully. Very cool. My one problem is that mysql was not configured for vpopmail (no vpopmail user; no vpopmail database) so I can't add any domains. If I try to do /home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain I get: "Error - no authentication database connection. Initial open." (obviously, since MySQL doesn't have the user/database!)

Any suggestions on the best way to make the vpopmail user and database in mysql? I have another installation I could just copy by hand, but is there something I could just run that would make everything?

MySQL was not running when I installed via qtp-newmodel. Would qtp-newmodel have made the database and mysql user if MySQL had been running? If so, can I just uninstall qmailtoaster and install it again with qtp-newmodel (and MySQL running this time?) If so, what is the best way to do this? I can't find anything on the wiki about uninstalling.

Thanks.

one of the manual setup scripts (bash) adds the vpopmail user and database and chkconfig's it on...prolly the mysql-setup.sh from the cos5 directory...available from the main site. edit the script first, because it also sets the password.

--
Regards,
fuzzy