From: Jim Bassett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:37 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] qtp-newmodel for fresh install

Hi. I have a new CentOS 5.2 installation. I have attempted to use qtp-
newmodel to do a fresh install of qmail toaster. There was a recent
thread on the list asking about this although it was never resolved
whether it was possible or not. I have done it. The builds failed at
numerous places due to missing dependencies, but once everything
needed was installed qtp-newmodel appears to have built and installed
qmail toaster successfully. Very cool. My one problem is that mysql
was not configured for vpopmail (no vpopmail user; no vpopmail
database) so I can't add any domains. If I try to do /home/vpopmail/
bin/vadddomain I get: "Error - no authentication database connection.
Initial open." (obviously, since MySQL doesn't have the user/database!)

Any suggestions on the best way to make the vpopmail user and database
in mysql? I have another installation I could just copy by hand, but
is there something I could just run that would make everything?

MySQL was not running when I installed via qtp-newmodel. Would qtp-
newmodel have made the database and mysql user if MySQL had been
running? If so, can I just uninstall qmailtoaster and install it again
with qtp-newmodel (and MySQL running this time?) If so, what is the
best way to do this? I can't find anything on the wiki about
uninstalling.

Thanks.