From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric Shubert
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:15 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Mailman list server on QMT

Scott M Andrews wrote:
> Are the list domains are all hosted by one installation of Mailman?
>
> Does this mean there's still the limitation of not being able to
> replicate Mailman list names across a number of qmail virtual domains?
i.e.
> newslet...@domain1.com
> newslet...@domain2.com

TTBOMK, there is only one list domain, so list names would need to be
unique across domains (your example would not work). Multiple domains
can have lists, but they would be aliased to the "list" domain, and
would thus have to be unique.

> Under ezmlm this is fine, however can't be done 'nicely' with a
> standalone Mailman, though virtual domain support is mentioned as a
> desirable for the next major release.

I saw a note in the documentation that multiple virtual domains are
slated for Mailman v3. I've no idea when that might be.

> Not being able to reuse the same list name across my hosted domains
> would be the only reason I wouldn't pickup Mailman.

That's unfortunate. I can't say with certainty, but it doesn't to me
that it'd be terribly difficult for a proficient python programmer to
add this capability. Alternatively, it'd be easy enough to set up
multiple instances of Mailman, but that could get ugly. :(