24x7ser...@24x7server.net wrote:
thanks for your reply

spamassassin is such an advanced software i am sure there will be some way
out to handle this.

i hope somebody suggests a solution because such emails would be a
definite spam

rajesh

On Thursday 23 April 2009 12:58:17 24x7ser...@24x7server.net wrote:
1) I sometimes receive spam mail with both the "mail from" and the "mail
to" as the same email id. I need a spamassassin rule to block such
emails

2) a spamassassin rule to compare the mail from and envelope sender
(reply-to) and if both don't match then allocate a particular score to
the
email.

This subject comes up on other mail server mailing lists almost weekly. Basically the bulk of them are blocked by blacklists (RBLs) or by performing reverse DNS checks. Spamassassin cannot catch them; I have many users (especially with Blackberry devices) who BCC their own messages to themselves for archiving purposes. I used to do this myself until I switched to IMAP exclusively. You *can* enable SURBL checks in Spamassassin which may score them enough to tag them as spam (and possibly delete them depending on your settings) but that's all Spamassassin can do.