Simply run the qtp-install-spamdyke script, and spamdyke will be installed for you. Be sure to update to the current QTP before doing so, as an older version of QTP might install an older version of spamdyke, or the older QTP might not contain the qtp-install-spamdyke script at all. See http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Spamdyke for more.

There is absolutely no harm in updating QTP. It is benign in and of itself. It's only when you run some of the QTP tools that your QMT configuration might change.

I hope that answers your question.

24x7ser...@24x7server.net wrote:
hi

we are indeed using qmailtoaster plus (QTP)

but i would like to know which specific configuration of QTP is related to
this ?

thanks
rajesh

24x7ser...@24x7server.net wrote:
hi

in spamassassin i generally whitelist specific domains

whitelist_from_rcvd *...@friendlydomain.com friendlydomain.com
whitelist_from_rcvd *...@friendlydomain.com abc.friendlydomain.com
whitelist_from_rcvd *...@friendlydomain.com xyz.friendlydomain.com

i know for sure that the emails from *...@friendlydomain.com and coming
from
different ip addressess - friendlydomain.com, abc.friendlydomain.com and
xyz.friendlydomain.com are good email

what i need to do is blacklist emails from *...@friendlydomain.com if they
are NOT from friendlydomain.com, abc.friendlydomain.com and
xyz.friendlydomain.com since i know for sure that emails from
*...@friendlydomain.com will not originate from any other server.

is there is method for this ?
As Jake explained, no. Spamassassin won't catch this type of spam.

Use spamdyke. There is a script in qmailtoaster-plus
(http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com) that will install it for you. It will
lighten the load on your server as well.

rajesh

FWIW, I have a user who does this periodically to save various things,
so for me it's not spam.

Are you using spamdyke? I'd be surprised if spamdyke didn't catch the
emails in question.