Eric Shubert wrote:
Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. wrote:
MySQL 5.x which Centos5 utilizes supports views, cannot you create a view for the LDAP server. Generating a new user for your heterogenious system would then envolve writing a script that generates the email account then appends into a separate mysql table the other attributes that you need for the user to operate on your system.

Gilbert

That's right along the lines I was thinking.

Any MySQL experts out there who would like to work with me (and John?) on this?

If you guys get something going and want to add it to our "mix", we could split the 2 installations - brainstorming here - where qmailtoaster.com was general information and would like to vpopmail.qmailtoaster.com and ldap.qmailtoaster.com to allow 2 different manners of installation. Unless you think you can bring it all under one roof, maybe with the optional packages section that is hopefully going to be implemented soon.