Jake Vickers wrote:

Vpopmail in QMT uses a Mysql DB. It's trivial to replicate that database between multiple machines and there are a variety of methods to accomplish this. I'm going to start a video series on the magazine this coming week on how to build a cluster that replicates all the data between all the machines (database and mail store), so you could list all of your mail servers as MX records (or even a single MX record with multiple IPs!) and it would not matter which server accepted the data, as it would be replicated between them all. Your users would be able to use any (or all, depending on how you set it up) of the servers as their pop/smtp servers, or you could dedicate 1 machine as the smtp and the rest as the incoming, or whatever. The video will be over the next few weeks as this is a complicated task. I plan on doing other cluster setups in the upcoming videos when the user requests get lean.

To clarify to everyone (it was late last night when I wrote that message), this video series will be on how to set up a replicated system. I will cover cluster/ISP style systems in the magazine eventually.