Sharon McNeal wrote:
Hello List,

We have been unable to alter the script correctly in qtp-backup so it will backup the mysql vpopmail database as the user root with our root password.

We have tried making some changes to the following files, but have not gotten everything right because it still is not working:
     /usr/sbin/qtp-config
     /usr/sbin/qtp-backup
     /opt/qmailtoaster-plus/bin/qtp-config
     /opt/qmailtoaster-plus/bin/qtp-backup
    /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql

Can someone please tell us specifically which file(s) we need to change and specifically which lines to change (with an example of what we should change it to) so it will not prompt for the vpopmail user password but use the specified root password?

Also, we would like to have it back up automatically each day. Do we just need to add the following line in our /etc/crontab file to make it run at 4 am each day:

*4 * * * root /usr/sbin/qtp-backup
Thank you in advance

It should not ask for the password. It will read it from /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql You need to run the script as the root user so that it can read the data from the file. If you are still having problems you can edit the /opt/qmailtoaster-plus/bin/qtp-backup file, and change these lines:
# MYSQL variables
mysqlfile="/home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql";
mysqlhost=`cut -d\| -f1 < $mysqlfile`;
mysqlport=`cut -d\| -f2 < $mysqlfile`;
mysqluser=`cut -d\| -f3 < $mysqlfile`;
mysqlpswd=`cut -d\| -f4 < $mysqlfile`;
mysqldb=`cut -d\| -f5 < $mysqlfile`;

Just change mysqlhost to mysqlhost="localhost"
mysqluser to mysqluser="root"
mysqlpswd to mysqlpswd="password"
mysqldb to mysqldb="vpopmail"