Jake Vickers wrote:
Kent Busbee wrote:
Thanks for the help.  I modified /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root and changed
it from:
&r...@mail
to:
&kbus...@northlakechristian.org

and I changed /var/qmail/control/queuelifetime from:
86400
to:
6400

(just under 2 hours)
The queue has gone down, but I am still getting emails to the wrong address.
[r...@mail ~]# qmqtool -l
11175216 (22, remote)
  Envelope Sender: anonym...@mail.northlakechristian.org
  Envelope Recipient: r...@mail.northlakechristian.org (To Be Delivered)

I have not received any at kbus...@northlakechristian.org.  Did I miss
something?

SO, I installed the new qtp-extraclam.

My two new questions are:

1) Why is the root email not forwarding correctly?
and
2) Should I rm /etc/cron.hourly/UpdateSaneSecurity.sh?

Sorry, I was working on some other stuff when I replied last night and it slipped my mind that I changed the script. Yes, remove UpdateSaneSecurity.sh. Also it's better to update your whole QTP package rather than just download individual files. There are a couple other files that go along with the new qtp-extraclam script that you will miss if not.

As far as your root mail, any mail going to root will be sent to the address you entered. cron is sending to r...@mail.northlakechristian.org however, which is not the same thing. Easiest way (IMHO) to fix this is by either changing the address cron uses for emails or by adding the domain mail.northlakechristian.org and adding the address there (or alias it to something else, or whatever).

I change the MAILTO= parameter in /etc/crontab (fwiw).