See response below; Jake Vickers wrote:
> Kent Busbee wrote:
>> My SMTP was timing out for MS Outlook, so I took a look at my queue and
found this (103 of them):
>> 11174869 (20, remote)
>>   Envelope Sender: anonym...@mail.northlakechristian.org
>>   Envelope Recipient: r...@mail.northlakechristian.org (To Be
Delivered)
>> /etc/cron.hourly/UpdateSaneSecurity.sh:
>> LibClamAV Error: Problem parsing database at line 1
>> LibClamAV Error: Can't load /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb: Malformed
database
>> ERROR: Malformed database
>>         ClamAV had a problem using /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb! (error:
>> 50)
>> We will not move /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb into the Database
>> directory
>>         Renaming /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb to
>> /var/tmp/clamdb/phish.ndb.bad for you to check
>> Restarting clamd....
>> /var/qmail/supervise/clamd: up (pid 13974) 2 seconds
>> /var/qmail/supervise/clamd/log: up (pid 13970) 2 seconds
>> [r...@mail ~]#
>> which leads to a couple of questions:
>> 1) This is obviously an error email to root, but that "email user" does
not exist.  Should it?  Should I have some form of forward for this case?
>> Or is that an invitation to spam?
>
> Your "root" emails are defined in /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root . This
*should* be a valid destination, even if it's a box you do not check. If
this is not something you wish to do, I recommend you lower your
queuelifetime to a low number (4-6 hours) so that those emails will be
removed after that period of time.

Thanks for the help.  I modified /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root and changed
it from:
&r...@mail
to:
&kbus...@northlakechristian.org

and I changed /var/qmail/control/queuelifetime from:
86400
to:
6400

(just under 2 hours)
The queue has gone down, but I am still getting emails to the wrong address.
[r...@mail ~]# qmqtool -l
11175216 (22, remote)
  Envelope Sender: anonym...@mail.northlakechristian.org
  Envelope Recipient: r...@mail.northlakechristian.org (To Be Delivered)

I have not received any at kbus...@northlakechristian.org.  Did I miss
something?

>> 2) Why is the UpdateSaneSecurity not working?  Is anyone else getting
this?  Did something change?

> It doesn't necessarily mean anything catastrophic. If you tried to
download the virus definition while it was in the middle of propagating on
their servers then this is normal. As a matter of fact, it's normal to get
these errors 2-4 times a day.
> You may also be running an older version of clam (you did not say in the
message) in which case the updated definition will probably always fail.
Still nothing major to worry about. Your clamav just won't use those
definitions.

[r...@mail ~]# qtp-ami-up2date
New Qmail-Toaster Packages Available:
 available: simscan-toaster-1.4.0-1.3.8
(installed: simscan-toaster-1.3.1-1.3.6)
[r...@mail ~]#
[r...@mail ~]# clamd -V
ClamAV 0.95.2/9769/Wed Sep  2 19:38:10 2009

This is the latest version of clam.

>> 3) What should I do to fix this?  Ignore it?
> Depends on how you answered the above.
> Let us know if you have any more questions.

According to:
http://qtp.qmailtoaster.com/trac/browser/doc/release-notes.txt

03/22/09 - Jake <j...@qmailtoaster.com>
77               - Removed UpdateSanSecurity.sh cron script and replaced with a
78               - new script that downloads the clamav defs from the proper
79               - rsync locations.
80

SO, I installed the new qtp-extraclam.

My two new questions are:

1) Why is the root email not forwarding correctly?
and
2) Should I rm /etc/cron.hourly/UpdateSaneSecurity.sh?

Kent Busbee
Director of Technology
Northlake Christian School