From: Jake Vickers [mailto:j...@qmailtoaster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:39 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] qtprune

Phil Leinhauser wrote:
> I just decided to start running qtprune.  It's the first time I've run it.
> I'll cron it once I'm happy with the results.  What I see in the script is
> that it seems to be looking in the .Trash folder.  The problem is that the
> trashed messages are actually in the .Trash/cur folder.  Therefore,
qtprune
> doesn't find them.  In fact, all of my folders are in the .something/cur
> folder.
>
> 2 questions:
> 1- Is this because of dovecot?  I don't ever remember the folder structure
> before dovecot.
> 2- How can I change the script to get them?
> PATH_TRASH="`find /home/vpopmail/domains -type d -name .Trash`" is the
line
> in the script and I tried to change it to .Trash/cur but I got an error:
>
> find: warning: Unix filenames usually don't contain slashes (though
> pathnames do).  That means that '-name .Trash/cur' will probably evaluate
> false all the time on this system.  You might find the '-wholename' test
> more useful, or perhaps '-samefile'.  Alternatively, if you are using GNU
> grep, you could use 'find ... -print0 | grep -FzZ .Trash/cur'.
>
> So, any ideas?  I'm not a linux scripter...

qtprune? Or the qtp-clean-trash script in Qmailtoaster-Plus?
The one in QTP works. I just tested it.
It can be installed by the qtp-menu and it runs as an hourly cron job.
It (by default) deletes messages older than 5 days, but this ca be
changed by changing the value in the /etc/cron.hourly/qtp-clean-trash
script (or by creating a file called /var/qmail/control/deltrash and
putting the number of days in the file).

     For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com