> Phil Leinhauser wrote:
>>  > Phil Leinhauser wrote:
>>  >> > Phil Leinhauser wrote:
>>  >>
>> Thanks for the info Dave. I did just what you described except
>>  >> pushed
>>  >> >> it to a
text file so I could see better what was happening.

>>  >> >> I ran it with the 5 day
setting and didn't get anything. Then I
>>  >> dropped
>>  >> >> it to 2 days and got a list. The script is
apparently working but
>>  >> only

>> made
>>  >> it

because I
>> have
>>  >> >> one user
with over 3000 messages.
>>  >> >>

delete
>> everything
>>  >> >> older
than DELTIME? or is it looking for something to only get

going to
>>  >> delete
>>  >> >>
some index and dovecot-uidlist files. Is this ok?
>>  >>

>>  >> > It probably shouldn't delete these
files, but I don't think it
>> will
>>  >>
hurt
>>  >> > anything. Dovecot is very robust and
will fix things on the fly
>> that
>>  >>
get
>>  >> > wacked out. If you give me the exact file
names I can add an
>>  >> exception
>>
>> > to the script.
>>  >> >

>>  >> >>
why it's not finding all of the old messages?.
>>  >>

>>  >> > Do you have this statement in your
script?:
>>  >> > for each in
"${PATH_TRASH}" ; do
>>  >> > Try removing
the quotes and see if that fixes it.
>>  >> >
>>  >> > The qtp-clean-spam script had the same bug that
was fixed last
>>  >> December.
>>  >>
> Looks like I missed fixing the qtp-clean-trash script.
>>

>>  >> Eric,
>>  >> I
removed the quotes and reran with the same results, still not
>> finding
>>  >> all messages.
>>

>>  >> Here are the control files names:
>>  >> courierimapacl
>>  >>
courierimapuiddb
>>  >> dovecot.index.cache
>>
 >> dovecot.index.log
>>  >> dovecot-uidlist
>>  >> maildirfolder
>>  >> All of these
are in .Trash and all other folders (.Drafts, .etc) so
>>  >> global exclude might be in order. You'll know better
what can be
>>  >> deleted and what can stay. Since I'm
now on dovecot I'm sure the
>>  >> courier files can go
but it might be good to exclude the entire list
>> for
>>  >> those who are still on courier.
>>

>>  > Thanks Phil. Can you try replacing
>>
> for each in "${PATH_TRASH}" ; do
>>  >
FILES_TO_DELETE="`find ${each} -type f -ctime +$DELTIME`"
>>  > if [ -n "${FILES_TO_DELETE}" ]; then
>>  > for file in ${FILES_TO_DELETE} ; do
>>  >
if [ -n ${file} ]; then
>>  > rm -f ${file} >/dev/null
2>&1
>>  > fi
>>  > done
>>
> fi
>>  > done
>>  > with
>>
> for each in $PATH_TRASH; do
>>  > find $each -type -f
-ctime +$DELTIME -exec rm -f {} \;
>>  > done
>>

>>  > The find command is quite powerful indeed. ;)
>>
>> So now it looks like this:
>> if [ -n
"${PATH_TRASH}" ]; then
>>             for each in
$PATH_TRASH; do
>>             find $each -type -f -ctime
+$DELTIME -exec rm -f {} \;
>>          done

fi

>> But I get an error: find: invalid argument
`-f' to `-type'

> Sorry. It's just "-type
f"

OK, it ran but I still have 3000+ messages.  Would
it break anything to swap to mtime?