From: Mail Delivery System <mailer-dae...@example.com>
Subject: Mail quota warning
and    make appropriate changes
Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you can continue
to receive mail you need to remove some messages from your mailbox.

I haven't seen this kind of quota warnings issued before. Also a
strange thing is that the user's quota is nowhere near full (it's
about 11%).

I checke and the quota warning message template is
~vpopmail/domains/.quotawarn.msg there.

If I remove it, will it disable these false alarms?

Or is there a way to configure the warning messages so, that they
actually are sent when user is near exceeding her quota?

Best,
Peter

Removing the file will cause no messages to be sent, regardless of quota level. Just out of curiosity, can you see what the user's actual disk usage is? I know there have been some "bugs" with quotas in the past and am wondering if it's not counting actual drive usage in vpopmail, but only the inbox folders in Squirrelmail. Hopefully the next release of vpopmail will resolve some of the bugs with quotas.

Bad news: quotas are broken on QMT. I'm not sure to what extent. Easy fix is to change their account to unlimited. :(

Good news: quotas work better in a more recent vpopmail release (5.4.28 I think) than what is in QMT. This is not a simple upgrade though, as I think there is a small database change somewhere between QMT's version (5.4.17) and 5.4.28.

Better news: quotas have reportedly been really fixed in vpopmail 5.5. I will be working on packaging vpopmail-5.5 for QMT when it's available (with LDAP), which I expect will be in the first quarter of '10.

I am not sure what are you talking about. Quota in latest QMT is broken? But, i have installed latest QMT on one of my servers and as far as i can see quota is ok. Quota warnings are sent and mails refused if user is overquota. latest vpopmail in qmt is 5.4.17. Should i be warried? Currently i have few thousands of users on that server... Also, squirrelmail is displaying correct quota usage, no matter where email was saved. Same goes for roundcube.