I'm not sure how you'll be able to do a QTP version since it runs on the
host but you're the script magician.  I just marvel at the
magic...  Actually, looking at the script, he documents it well so
it's easy to follow.  The ESX version isn't all that well
documented.

I threw up an overview of the process but the rest
of the info is better left on the VM site that I linked to.  That way
we don't store stale info if they decide to update it.

> I'll have a look at them in detail at some point, and probably come
up
> with a qtp version. Anything you'd like to see that's not
there, either
> make a note of it or let me know.
>
> Phil Leinhauser wrote:
>> I see that.  Judging by the
last modified date on serverVCB.sh I would
>> say probably
not.
>> While the enhancements aren't deal breakers, the
logging and dryrun
>> certainly look interesting...
>>
>>  > Phil, looks like the upstream script has
been enhanced recently:
http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8760
>>  > Should
probably make a note of this. I'm wondering if the

serverVCB.sh
>>  > script will reflect this eventually (if
it doesn't already).
Leinhauser wrote:
>>  >> Yep, I'll take care of it.
>>  >>
>>  >> > Looks nice to me as
well. Phil, will you get this on the wiki
>> page?
>>  >> I'll
>>  >> > have a look at the
script in detail later.
>>  >> >

>> > Phil Leinhauser wrote:
>>  >> >> Good
catch! I've been out of commission for a few days so I

didn't
>>  >> see
>>  >> >> this
till just now. The script you found is what I would have

>> need

this in the
>>  >> ESX
>>  >> >>
world.
>>  >> >>
>>  >> >>
> I found a script on a VMWare community site that is a champ! It
>>  >> makes
>>  >> >> a
>>  >> >> > snapshot and does a backup then removes
the snapshot, so you

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-10382;jsessionid=5B6DF0EF2EFDE96949
>>  >> >> > DF
>>  >> >>
> F1547838FA9E
>>  >> >> >

-Eric 'shubes'
>>  >> >
>>  >>

>>  >> >
>>  >>

Group
>>  >> > (www.vickersconsulting.com)
>>  >> > Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster
support and

qmailtoaster-list-unsubscr...@qmailtoaster.com
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com
>>  >> >
>>  >> >
>>  >> >

>>  >
>>  > --
>>  > -Eric
'shubes'
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >

>>  > (www.vickersconsulting.com)
>>  > Vickers
Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
>>  >
installations.
>>  > If you need professional help with your
setup, contact them today!
>>  >

>>  >
qmailtoaster-list-unsubscr...@qmailtoaster.com