Eric-

Does the original script work for you?

I went back to look at the original thread where I got this script:

http://www.mail-archive.com/spamdyke-us...@spamdyke.org/msg01847.html

The script was written by Felix Buenemann and later altered based on input from you and a few others so that it would work with qmail log files or maillog files.

Spamdyke on my toasters logs to /var/log/maillog, so I don't have genuine qmail logs to run through the script. I took a maillog file, copied it to a temp file and converted it into what I think is the proper format based on your postings to the spamdyke-users list from this time period. Then I copied a bunch of data from a real qmail smtp log into the temp file and ran the whole mess through the script and it seemed to work OK with out tai64nlocal. It returned the same numbers as the original maillog file.

It doesn't work if I pipe the temp file through tai64nlocal.

Jack-

After further review I don't think the script is designed to run with a qmail smtp log and tai64nlocal, but it should work just fine with a raw qmail smtp log file.

The data you ran through from a maillog file produced numbers so low that it makes me wonder... Did the qmail smtp log that you ran through that produced a bunch of zeroes actually contain any Spamdyke log entries?

Brent Gardner

sa...@magicwisp.com wrote:
Brent here is what I get:

[r...@mail spamdyke]# cat /var/log/qmail/smtp/current | tai64nlocal |
./spamdyke-stats
Use of uninitialized value in substr at ./spamdyke-stats line 57, <> line
1 (#1)
    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
    defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
    To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.

    To help you figure out what was undefined, perl tells you what operation
    you used the undefined value in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your
    program and the operation displayed in the warning may not necessarily
    appear literally in your program.  For example, "that $foo" is
    usually optimized into "that " . $foo, and the warning will refer to
    the concatenation (.) operator, even though there is no . in your
    program.

Use of uninitialized value in substr at ./spamdyke-stats line 57, <> line
243 (#1)
Use of uninitialized value in substr at ./spamdyke-stats line 57, <> line
420 (#1)